Here at A Butler’s Manor, we have always taken our cleaning and guest comfort very seriously, and through the Coronavirus pandemic we have been researching best practices to ensure that our guests and our staff stay healthy. Therefore, we have added to our already stringent cleaning requirements a number of practices to reduce the possibility of transmission:
- Using disinfectant wipes to wipe down common surfaces before and after each check-in, especially door handles, stairway banisters, counters, and access to the guest refrigerator and icemaker.
- We’ve removed decorative pillows, throws, and spreads from the beds
- Soft furnishings in the rooms will be washed or sprayed with disinfectant between guest bookings
- We’ll be asking for guests to commit to a preferred breakfast time so that we can provide social distance at our outdoor tables
For the safety of our staff, we are discontinuing the following:
- Daily room refreshes. For long stays (greater than 4 days), we will arrange mid-stay sheet change and deep clean.
- If you’d like clean towels, please place them in the plastic bag provided in your room and leave outside your door, and we’ll leave fresh towels for you.
- Community afternoon tea service with “endless cookie jar” (you’ll still have them prepackaged in your room).
We will be happy to provide some of our signature amenities by request, such as:
- Morning coffee or tea delivered to your door at a time you specify
- Sherry decanter and glasses
- A second robe (one is provided in the room)
This is how you can help:
1) First, and most obviously, if you are not feeling well, PLEASE STAY HOME. If we suspect that you may be getting ill while staying with us, we will have to cancel the remainder of your stay and ask you to leave. Please remember that while you may be able to survive COVID-19, another guest might not be.
2) You will see hand sanitizer containers all over. Please use them when you return from your travels off the property.
3) Please be patient if some of our enhanced cleaning procedures mean that some things may take a little longer than usual (for example, we’ll need to wipe down the doors and seats in the “Butler Beach Mobile” between beach runs, and will only be able to transport one party at a time).
It’s been a difficult time for the whole world, and we hope that your stay at A Butler’s Manor will help to ease the stress you’ve endured over the past several months. We look forward to a better, safer future ahead!
And, just to lighten the mood a bit, here’s a classic scene from “Cheers” that’s particularly apropos today!
We look forward to welcoming you back to A Butler’s Manor!