Here at A Butler’s Manor, we have always taken our cleaning and guest comfort very seriously, and through the Coronavirus pandemic we have been researching best practices to ensure that our guests and our staff stay healthy. Therefore, in compliance with CDC and American Hotel & Lodging Association’s “Safe Stay” practices and health professionals’ guidelines, we have implemented the following practices to our already stringent cleaning requirements in order to reduce the possibility of transmission:
- We will take your temperature on arrival.
- At all times, both A Butler’s Manor staff and guests are expected to maintain a social distance of at least six feet and avoid direct contact as much as possible.
- We’ll greet you, cook, and serve your breakfast wearing masks. As per NY state requirements, we ask that you wear a mask in the common areas. Masks are not required once you are seated at your breakfast table.
- You’ll see us using disinfectant wipes to wipe down common surfaces before and after each check-in, especially door handles, stairway banisters, counters, guest refrigerator, ice maker, and guest bathroom.
- Décor has been streamlined to allow for sanitizing between guests. Items that are difficult to sanitize, such as decorative pillows, throws, and spreads from the beds have been removed.
- Soft furnishings in the rooms will be washed or sprayed with disinfectant between guest bookings
- Though we’re small, at only five guest rooms, if we are fully booked we will ask guests to commit to a preferred breakfast time so that we can ensure adequate social distance at our tables.
- Breakfast service is available in the garden (when weather permits) or in the dining room; both areas are set with single-party tables for safe social distancing between guests.
- Should you prefer a takeout continental breakfast, please arrange it with us in person or by text prior to 7 PM the night before and let us know when you would like it left outside your door.
For the safety of our guests and our staff, we have discontinued the following:
- Daily room refreshes. For long stays (greater than 7 days), we will consult with you about a mid-stay sheet change and deep clean.
- While we encourage reuse of towels, if you elect to have yours changed, there will be a laundry bag provided in your room which you can use to leave them outside your door to be picked up, and we’ll leave you fresh towels. Similarly, leave trash cans outside your door for us to change out. We encourage texting to alert us to your needs.
- Community self-serve afternoon tea service with “endless cookie jar” (you’ll still have them prepackaged in your room) and five o’clock happy hour. (Need an afternoon pick me up? Text us, and we’ll make you a cuppa.)
- Community self-serve morning coffee service. Instead, coffee and/or tea will be delivered to your door at whatever time you specify between 7:00 AM – 9:30 AM.
We will be happy to provide some of our signature amenities by request, such as:
- Morning coffee or tea delivered to your door at a time you specify
- Sherry decanter and glasses
- Wine glasses and openers for your use
- A second robe (one is provided in the room)
This is how you can help:
1) First, and most obviously, if you are not feeling well, PLEASE STAY HOME. If we suspect that you may be getting ill while staying with us, we will have to cancel the remainder of your stay and ask you to leave. Please remember that while you may be able to survive COVID-19, another guest might not be.
2) You will see hand sanitizer containers all over. Please use them when you return from your travels off the property.
3) Please be patient if some of our enhanced cleaning procedures mean that some things may take a little longer than usual (for example, we’ll need to wipe down the doors and seats in the “Butler Beach Mobile” between beach runs, and will only be able to transport one party at a time).
It’s been a difficult time for the whole world, and we hope that your stay at A Butler’s Manor will help to ease the stress you’ve endured over the past several months. We look forward to a better, safer future ahead!
And, just to lighten the mood a bit, here’s a classic scene from “Cheers” that’s particularly apropos today!
We look forward to welcoming you to A Butler’s Manor!